Portfolio – Property Professionals Insurance
Affordable and comprehensive Professional Indemnity insurance cover designed specifically for property professionals.
We know you always aim to deliver the best possible service to your clients, but let’s face it – sometimes things do go wrong! If for any reason your client is not happy with the way you handled their business, they can make a complaint or worse, look to take legal action against you. And that’s where we can help. At Portsoken Ltd, we have negotiated a facility to provide Professional Indemnity insurance designed specifically for property professionals.
Our policy provides cover for financial loss, which may arise as a result of a claim made against you for wrongful advice or breach of professional duty. It is designed to cover damages as well as legal defence costs, which will be paid in addition. Unlike other types of insurance, Professional Indemnity is written on a ‘claims made’ basis. In other words, the policy will only respond to a claim first notified and accepted by insurers during the period of insurance, irrespective of when the alleged act of negligence occurred (subject to ‘Retroactive date’ exclusion, if any).
Cover is offered on ‘any one claim’ basis, which means there is no restriction on the number of claims made in any one policy year but each claim has a maximum upper limit. Our policy has £Nil excess, which means you won’t have to make a financial contribution towards a claim settlement.
Our policy is compliant with the insurance requirements of NAEA, ARLA, RICS, NALS to name just a few.
Policy is designed for:
- Estate Agents
- Letting and / or Managing agents
- Inventory Clerks
- Business Transfer Agents
- Home Condition Inspectors
Standard cover includes:
- Errors and omissions
- Breach of professional duty and confidentiality
- Libel & slander
- Accidental breach of copyright, patent or design rights
- Transmission of computer virus
- Court attendance compensation
- Legal representation costs
Additional cover extensions:
- Acquisitions and creations
- Awards by an ombudsman
- Dishonesty and fraud
- Hacker protection
- Joint ventures
- Public relations and crisis management service
REASONS TO USE PORTSOKEN
- We are a dynamic company that aims to provide exceptional service
- Our team consists of highly experienced individuals who understand the industry sector, needs of its clients and cover requirements
- Competitively priced product
- Comprehensive level of cover that gives you ‘peace of mind’ and allows you to get on with running your business
- Swift turnaround on all quotes and policy documentation
- Policy underwritten by an ‘A’ rated worldwide insurer
- Comprehensive claims management services from first notification through to final settlement