Lost share certificate insurance

If you need to get a lost share certificate indemnity counter-signed we are here to help!

The most common complaint we hear is that it is difficult to find anyone to help with a lost share certificate indemnity. The big three registrars have schemes for low value shareholdings, but they generally don’t know which companies will actually counter-sign these indemnities for larger amounts. We do know and we are here to help and we give advice, even if that advice is to go with the registrars’ scheme.

While we launched our scheme at the start of 2014 one of our directors, Simon Carman, has been involved in this area for more than 25 years. For 20 years at a major insurer and for the following five working with Robert Dowle and subsequently founding Portsoken.

We have taken on the lost share certificate business from Robert Dowle Ltd which has closed following Bob’s retirement. We are now the only real specialist broker in this area.

We are experts on these indemnities, have, what we think, are the best rates, have strong relationships with the insurers and have access to insurer who are prepared to sign indemnities for individual lost share certificates worth over £50m value.  Indemnities for large values tend to be expensive and we will point out any possible alternatives to insurance.  If you do need a counter-indemnity we will set out clearly what will be required and will project manage the application.

We have tried to set out some facts and give some general advice on the questions and answers page. Just follow the link, email Simon now or call us on 020 8667 2108.

If you would like a quick indication of price and details of what is required please apply here and we will get back to you as soon as we can.


Apply today
Please e-mail us at:

020 8667 2108

Complete an enquiry form: